Remember to take:
- Original childcare Diploma/Certificates if possible
- Copies of references and telephone numbers of your
referees. (Please note due to data protection Family Match is not able to disclosure details of your referees to a third party without their express permission).
- A copy of your current up to date CV
- Examples of any specific projects that you have undertaken e.g nursery games and activities of pictures from last nanny position.
- Original Identification – e.g. passport, driving licence etc.
Questions to ask a Family at Interview:
- What are the qualities you are looking for in a nanny?
- What type of family would you say that you are i.e. relaxed, formal, traditional?
- What will the duties be? e.g. childcare, light housework, ironing etc.
- What activities do the children enjoy the most?
- What hours of work will you require from your nanny?
- Have you employed a nanny before?
- Do you like your children to be taken out or to stay mainly at home?
- Are there any after school activities you would like me to participate in with them?
- What type of food do you like the children to eat?
- Do any of the children have any special dietary requirements?
- Do any of the children have allergies that I would need to be aware of?
- Do I have to look after the family pet (e.g. dog walking, feeding)?
- When do you need someone to start?
- What accommodation is there for the nanny (if it is a live-in role) and would I be able to see this?
- Will there be any extra baby-sitting required and will this be paid for?