Working with LNC
The London Nanny Company has been established for over 15 years and has successfully placed Nannies, Mothers Helps and Housekeepers throughout London and Overseas.
As an agency we have committed to helping each individual candidate find the right position and supporting then through application, job offer and subsequent employment.
Below are answers to a few questions you may have. We look forward to helping you find the perfect job!
What are the Benefits of Using a Nanny Agency?
- No charge to candidates (Nannies)
- Choice of positions in chosen area – even overseas.
- Introduction to families and day nurseries
- Advice on conditions of employment e.g. holidays, duties, sickness, contracts & salaries.
- Advice on interview techniques
- On-going support during employment
How do I register?
- Call our office or fill in the online application
- Send your CV into the agency and speak to one of the consultants over the phone.
- Invitation to come to office for a registration interview.
What do I need to bring to my Registration Interview?
- Up-to-date CV, plus completed application (these will have been emailed to you prior to interview)
- Childcare and First Aid Qualification Certificates
- Current written references
- Various forms of identification to apply for an Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau check. (this will include passport, birth certificate, driving licence, proof of NI number and two documents with your home address on.)
What Happens Next?
After an interview with The London Nanny Company, we then contact your referees for verification of their written references. When we have spoken to your referees we will then call you to go through our current jobs. A brief profile will be prepared by us with be sent to positions you are interested in. You can also keep an eye on the website and call the office to gain more information on any roles that are of interest. (when calling us about jobs please quote the job code given on the situations vacant pages).
Who will organise the interview between the nanny and the family?
Our families may arrange an interview with you themselves. We encourage them to call those candidates whom they would like to meet to fix an interview date. However we can make the arrangement if asked to do so. Please advise The London Nanny Comapny when your interviews are.
What happens after a family interview?
The family will contact us to provide feedback from your interview. We also ask that you call the next day to let us know how you felt the interview went and your interest in the position. Offer and acceptance may be made either at interview, or after discussion with LNC!
Should I keep in contact with the agency?
During the time you are looking for a new position we would ask you to keep in close contact with LNC so that we can monitor your progress and inform you of appropriate new positions as they come in.
What will happen if I am unsuccessful at my first interview?
We will continue to tell you about new positions and send your brief resume to potential employers until you have advised us that you have secured a suitable new position.
What Happens after I have started a new position if I have any problems?
The London Nanny Company are here to help even after you have been placed. If you need any advice with regards to your new position please do not hesitate to contact us on 020 7361 0011.